Call Us: +6565232574

Singapore Dependant’s Pass Scheme

Singapore Employment Pass Scheme

What is a Dependant’s Pass?

Dependent’s Passes are issued to selected family members of Employment Pass, S Pass holders, EntrePass holders or Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) holders.

Dependant’s passes are valid as long as the holder of the main Singapore work visa is actively working in Singapore. DP pass holders can live, enter and leave Singapore without the need to apply for a visa.

Singapore Dependant's Pass Scheme

Who is eligible for a Dependant’s Pass?

If you are a spouse or unmarried child under the age of 21 (either by birth or legally adopted) and you earn at least $6,000 per month as the dependent of an employment pass, S Pass, EntrePass or PEP holder, you can apply for a passes which enables them to work in Singapore.

After a baby is born in Singapore, the Notification of Live Birth and Advisory Note from the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority can be used to apply for a birth certificate. This also serves as a Special Pass which allows your newborn to stay in Singapore for up to six weeks after he or she was born.

The common law spouse of a Singapore work visa holder is not eligible for regular Dependant’s Pass. However, they may be eligible for an LTSVP, subject to certain conditions.

What documents do I need to apply for a Dependant’s Pass?

In addition, application forms for children under sixteen need to be signed by a parent representing the child. Translations of relevant documents that are not in English require a certified translator and should include the original copy so they can be submitted as well.

How do I apply for a Dependant’s Pass, and how long does the process take?

If you are the employer of a Singapore work visa holder and are sponsoring their family members with a Dependant’s Pass, then these can be applied for either online (for Employment Pass and S Pass holders) or manually on paper (for EntrePass, Personalised Employment Pass and Employment Pass (sponsorship) holders).

The Singapore Dependant’s Pass scheme usually processes DP applications in about 3-5 weeks. If the application is submitted together with a work visa, there will be a greater chance of obtaining an approval at the same time.

How do I know if my Dependant’s Pass has been approved, and how do I collect it?

When your Dependant’s Pass application is accepted, you will receive a letter stating that an In-Principle Approval (IPA) has been granted. You must be in Singapore when the IPA letter is issued to collect your pass.

You will need to present the following documents when you collect your Dependant’s Pass:

How do I renew my Dependant’s Pass?

When a Singapore work visa holder’s employment pass is up for renewal, MOM sends Dependant’s Pass Renewal forms they to their employer who can then renew the Employment Pass at the same time.

I’m a Dependant’s Pass holder. Can I study or work in Singapore?

Individuals who have employment or permanent residency status in Singapore can work here. In order to start working, the company must first apply for a Letter of Consent from MOM by completing an application form, which usually takes one week to process.

Your LOC will expire at the same time as your Dependant’s Pass. Therefore, you should renew the LOC whenever your DP is renewed and issued.

A dependent’s pass in Singapore allows the holder to freely enroll at local or international schools, but if they pursue advanced education in the country, a student visa is required.

Can Dependant’s Pass holders apply for permanent residence?

Yes, Dependant’s Pass Holders can apply for permanent residence (PR) in Singapore together with the Singapore work visa holder. If the Singapore work visa holder’s PR application is approved, the PR application of the DP holder will be approved as well.

Our team of experts can deliver all corporate services on a world-class platform at very affordable prices — the best of all worlds.